Saturday, October 6, 2012

Top Five Photos of the Week


Not having time at present to write a really long post, I thought I would close the week out with my five favorite photos from this week. I took about three hundred this week, a typical number for me, but I was finally able to figure out how to do some special effects on my camera (!!). I also took the bus on Friday to Nice on a beautifully clear day and discovered some sites (actually in a park built around the ruins of a medieval château) that offered panoramic views! So, here it goes!


5. Sun over the Sea


This picture was taken on top of what is now my favorite walking spot in Antibes,  the Chemin du Calvaire and the Bois de Notre-Dame (more on that later). Panoramic views abound!



4. White Niçois Flower


I discovered a patch of these flowers near a square in Nice. It's hard for me to pass up taking nature close-ups!



3. Vividly Colorful Windows

I love the variety of architecture and windows in the Riviera! But I confess: I did have my camera set on super-vivid.




2. Lighthouse Miniature

This was right after I discovered a Pandora's box of special effects on my camera. Needless to say, I was having a ball with all of them, including the miniature effect which fades the top and bottom of the picture to make the object in focus look, well, miniature.




And, finally, the picture of the week (drum roll please)......
Wait for it..........




1. The Heavens Declare the Glory of God

I snapped a bunch of pictures of this scene from La Colline du Château (the Hill of the Castle) in Nice looking out over the Mediterranean Sea, but this one was the best of all of them. It gives me goosebumps, not because of my photography abilities at all (which aren't as good as many people I know), but because of the sheer wonder of the beauty of God's creation!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pics, Jesse!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pictures, Jesse! You are an excellent photographer. Keep them coming!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I hope sometime to be able to post all of them on Facebook eventually. I currently have 1897 photos on my camera....

    ReplyDelete